data-mm-id=”_gom4dh6qz”>The No. 3 Ohio State Buckeyes will take on the Marshall Thundering Herd at Ohio Stadium in what’s shaping up to be another early college football matchup. Coming off a dominant 56-0 win over the Western Michigan Broncos, the Buckeyes are hitting their stride and will look to improve to 3-0 with a win today. Quarterback Will Howard was firing on all cylinders last week, throwing for 292 yards on 18-of-26 passing (69.2%) and adding a rushing touchdown to his stat line. WATCH: Marshall vs Ohio State Live | Stream free on FuboOn the other side of the field, Marshall is looking to rebound from a 31-14 loss to the Virginia Tech Hokies. Quarterback Stone Earle had a rough day, completing just 13 of 36 passes for 131 yards, a touchdown, and an interception. The Herd’s ground game was led by A.J. Turner, who ripped off 103 yards on only six carries (17.2 yards per attempt)WATCH: Marshall vs Ohio State Live | Stream free on FuboMarshall vs. #3 Ohio StateDate: Saturday, September 21Time: 12:00 p.m. ETTV Channel: ACC NetworkLive Stream: fuboTV (watch for free)Betting Lines and Odds, courtesy of BetMGM Marshall vs. #3 Ohio State (-40.5)O/U: 52.5If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation.
Related Posts
Frank Farina has been sacked as Sydney FC head coach following the club s fifth-place finish in the A-League and early finals exit.
The 49-year-old reportedly had a deal to remain in charge next season, despite it having previously been claimed that he needed to secure a spot in the top four to earn an extension.
But his failure to do so, followed by last Friday s 2-1 elimination final defeat away to Melbourne Victory, has sealed the fate of the former Australia boss.
The club issued a statement on Wednesday confirming they had moved to dismiss Farina.
Frank joined us as coach in a difficult period last season and has always given his absolute dedication and commitment to the club, chairman Scott Barlow said.
Frank has shown great integrity and resolve in w…
Reigning champions Nigeria are on the verge of completing a late charge for 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualification.
The West African side failed to win a single one of their opening three Group A matches, casting doubt over whether they would get the chance to defend the title they won in South Africa in 2013.
Nigeria now sit second following victories over Sudan and Congo, but know anything less than a win against the already qualified South Africa on Wednesday could end their hopes of making the tournament in Equatorial Guinea.
Congo third by virtue of their inferior head-to-head record against Nigeria head to Sudan knowing they must better Nigeria s result.
Group E remains wide open, with all four teams still harbouring dreams of qualification.
…
Giorgio Chiellini said he believes Italy are on the right track as they prepare for their Euro 2012 finals campaign.
The Juventus defender admitted the national team initially struggled after the 2010 World Cup, but is confident that they have since made steps forward.
It has been a gradual growing process. To begin with we struggled a bit because it took a while to shake off the disappointment of our World Cup campaign and we had to turn over a new leaf by introducing a raft of new players, Chiellini told Uefa.com.
But then slowly but surely we began to grow in confidence and believe in ourselves and the new style of football that we were playing. The positive results also helped our cause and gave us the belief that we were on the right track.
Italy…
Massimiliano Allegri believes Juventus home support will aid them in their bid to qualify as UEFA Champions League Group A winners.
The Serie A champions take on Atletico Madrid at Juventus Stadium on Tuesday, with Diego Simeone s side already assured of their progress to the last 16.
Juventus need a point to guarantee their own qualification, but a victory by two or more goals would see them leapfrog Atletico and advance as group winners.
With Juve s strong record at home they are unbeaten at Juventus Stadium in 38 matches, since a 2-0 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-finals in April 2013 Allegri believes they are well placed to secure top spot.
Our aim is to get through as group winners, he said. It would enable us to face a s…
Joselu scored two late goals on his international debut as Spain opened Euro 2024 qualification with a 3-0 win over Norway at La Rosaleda in Luis de la Fuente s first game in charge.
Spain were by no means impressive, with the Erling Haaland-less visitors wasting several fine opportunities, but Joselu repaid De la Fuente s faith towards the end.
De la Fuente – appointed Luis Enrique s successor after World Cup elimination – named an unfamiliar-looking starting XI yet saw his side take an early lead through Dani Olmo.
They held Norway at bay through some excellent Kepa Arrizabalaga saves and a big miss from Alexander Sorloth, and substitute Joselu punished them with two goals in as many minutes.
It took Spain just 13 minutes to get the first goal of th…
Erik ten Hag has given his Manchester United players the chance to make amends for Sunday s annihilation at Liverpool by naming an unchanged XI for the visit of Real Betis.
United suffered the joint-worst competitive defeat in their history at Anfield, losing 7-0 as they found themselves on the end of a second-half blitz.
Ten Hag s men had arguably been the more threatening side in the first half, but after going into the interval a goal down, they capitulated in spectacular fashion and Liverpool ran riot.
Thursday s Europa League last-16 first leg provides United with the opportunity respond to that embarrassment, and Ten Hag surprisingly resisted the urge the drop any of those involved in Sunday s debacle.
David de Gea, Bruno Fernandes, Casemiro and Luk…
Bordeaux have announced that Jocelyn Gourvennec has left his role as head coach.
The 45-year-old, who took charge in May 2016, has endured a miserable run of results this season.
Tuesday s 2-0 defeat at home to Caen was Bordeaux s seventh in their last eight matches in all competitions and left them in 13th in Ligue 1, just two points above the bottom three.
Coach Eric Bedouet has been placed in temporary charge of the first team before a permanent successor is named.
0.57 Jocelyn Gourvennec had 1.64 points per game as Bordeaux manager in Ligue 1 before the game against Paris on 30 September 2017, 0.57 since then. Watershed.
— OptaJean (@OptaJean)
As of today, Jocelyn Gourvennec no longer assumes the responsibility of coaching the firs…
Arsene Wenger insists Arsenal are no closer to a deal that would bring Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Emirates Stadium as the Gabon striker prepares for a possible first-team return at Borussia Dortmund.
The Bundesliga side revealed an initial bid had been received from Arsenal last weekend after Aubameyang was dropped for Dortmund s trip to Hertha Berlin as his focus was called into question.
Head coach Peter Stoger had already omitted the 28-year-old from the prior 0-0 draw against Wolfsburg after he missed a team meeting but told a Thursday news conference that his performances in training this week meant selection for the forthcoming visit of Frieburg was a possibility.
Though he was careful not to rule out the transfer at his latest media briefing, Wenger insi…
Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan says Chelsea are taking the mickey in their attempt to poach winger Victor Moses.
Whelan slammed the Champions League winners for trying to lure Moses, who has just 12 months remaining on his deal at the DW Stadium.
The Nigeria international joined Wigan from Crystal Palace in 2010 but has stalled on discussions to extend his contract.
Chelsea would need to get realistic before we would even listen to them. They made a bid at 6pm last night and we turned it down flat, Whelan told ESPN on Tuesday.
Roberto Martinez has brought this player on and he needs at least another year with Roberto to become a top player.
We have offered him a new contract but it seems the agent, more than the player, wants to move him …
Former Chelsea coach Andre Villas-Boas has denied holding talks with Premier League side Tottenham over the vacant managerial position.
The Portuguese has been out of a job since March after his sacking from the Blues, and with Spurs parting ways with Harry Redknapp earlier in June, reports suggested that chairman Daniel Levy had considered the 34-year-old to take over at White Hart Lane.
Nevertheless, Villas-Boas has dismissed any links with the club, telling Portuguese newspaper O Jogo that he has heard nothing from the Spurs hierarchy.
There is nothing, it is all lies, Villas-Boas was quoted as saying by the paper.
Despite winning the Portuguese Liga Sagres and Europa League with Porto in 2010-11, Villas-Boas endured a tough time in his first season …